StarCraft Legacy of the Void came out and Draco is very happy with it aside from a few problems. Not really problems per say but Draco just wants to whine ya know. These are basically spoiler full so leave now or forever hold your peace.
- Anyway they did a “what happened last time” of the whole series. They skipped everything including a character named Fenix who was pretty cool. Sadly he does die and they kinda ignore that every time so it kinda made sense that they left him out until they brought him back to life. Ya they brought the guy back to life. Didn’t mention him up till then. What they hell? That’s like a “what happened last time” for the last Harry Potter going “There is a guy named Harry who is a wizard” and then launching into something with Malfoy. At least a “Kerrigan killed this guy named Fenix who was friends with Jim but Jim got over it because Kerrigan is very good looking” please. That would have been enough. A mention. That’s all.
- In one mission they are just like “You can use these airplanes” which are actually called phoenix but whatever. Anyway there is no explanation to why we couldn’t use these perfectly fine units in any of the previous missions. The last two games it was “we don’t know how to make them but oh we found this thing that tells us how” whereas here it’s just presented to you. It’s the end of the world and you’re just going to hold back your planes? Why? There is no reason.
- They took Hallucination from Sentry. Not really an issue but apparently they thought it was cool for like six years and now suddenly they don’t. 😦
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate came out and Draco is very happy with it aside from a few problems. Not really problems per say but Draco just wants to whine ya know. These are basically spoiler full so leave now or forever hold your peace. Ya Draco reused the same sentence. How cool is that? You totally love it. It’s a bit creepy how much you love it… Get away you psychos. Ok now we’re strike-through-ing it. There. Ya see you ruined it. Anyway…
- Jacob sounds like a child. It’s pretty obvious why though. They marketed all their stuff around “The Rooks”. So about 10 minutes in Jacob starts going on about starting a gang called “The Rooks”. The Rooks the Rook the Rooks! Got a problem? The Rooks! Shoes untied? The Rooks! Feeling a bit hungry? The Rooks! Imagine a third movie about Steve Jobs where they show his actual birth and the minute he pops out he just turns to the camera and says “Mother, I’m going to start a company and call it Apple.” For years throughout childhood Jobs goes on with such phrases as “You can’t give me a B! I’m the President of Apple” and “The President of Apple can’t be going through Puberty! Have my assistant do it!” The sad part is that this all could have been avoided by having him not be sure about the name. That would have been hilarious just him and Evie sneaking around and him being like “Maybe the Pelicans?” and then like a third of the way through the game, maybe when you get the train he could be like “How about the Rooks?”. That would have been fine.
- Bishop is boring. They keep trying to shove her down people’s throats but she isn’t cool. She is the perfect warning story for the “Show not Tell” style of writing. They keep saying “Oh she is so cool!”, “Pretty mysterious that Bishop is?”, “I wonder if she was Black Ops?”, “What does Bishop really want?”. Desmond was more interesting and he was basically a mannequin with good DNA that people dragged around. Bishop is why Rogue was better than Unity and she really just drags down Syndicate.
- The outfits are ugly.